Chemical leak shut down Papine plaza

Friday, August 17, 2012

Print this page Email A Friend!


KINGSTON, Jamaica — A reported chemical leak has forced the shut down of activities at the Sky Line Plaza in Papine.

Police report that one woman was, this morning, rushed to hospital after she reportedly inhaled fumes at the location.

According to the police at about 8:15 am they received reports about the leak and visited the location.

The National Environmental and Planning Agency (NEPA), the National Water Commission and the Fire Department were also alerted.

"One woman who fell ill after inhaling fumes has been brought to the University Hospital," the police said.

NEPA officials said investigations, which are still ongoing, have revealed that the chemical causing the problem was chlorine.
Police are questioning owners at a chemical company on the complex about the incident.

ADVERTISEMENT




POST A COMMENT

HOUSE RULES

1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper � email addresses will not be published.

2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.

3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.

4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.

5. Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: advertising@jamaicaobserver.com.

6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: community@jamaicaobserver.com.

7. Lastly, read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy



comments powered by Disqus
ADVERTISEMENT

Poll

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon
ADVERTISEMENT