Best workouts for lazy people
IN the exercise world, you’ll find the busybodies who cannot spare 10 minutes to do a workout; the training junkies who overexert themselves; people who just do not want to challenge themselves to do more; and the lazy ones who simply refuse to get up and work out. But what this last group doesn’t realise is that it does not take much effort to exercise for 20 minutes three times a week.
Fitness trainer Rohan Gordon says there are 168 hours in a week, which equates to 10,080 minutes. This means if you do 20 minutes three times a week, you would actually only be exercising for 60 out of the 10,080 minutes. This is a very small amount of time.
He said lazy people could simply apply more effort in whatever tasks they do. He recommended some simple changes that can be made, including:
• At the workplace, use the stairs instead of the elevator.
• After lunch, walk around instead of sitting and chatting.
• When you go out, park farther away from the building.
• Walk short distances to the store instead of driving.
• Do squats while brushing your teeth.
• Put more energy into cleaning.
• When doing chores around the house, carry a full knapsack on your back. The weight will help you to burn more calories.
• If there is a very young child at home, hold the baby in the crook of one arm while doing something with the other, and then alternate arms. De careful not to drop the baby!
— Falon Folkes