Dressed up Cupcakes
Do it yourself
Do you want to add cupcakes to your theme party? Great! Our focus is on dressing up cupcakes this week. Let me immediately thank the folks at Copy Cat, who helped me execute my vision with great service and some unique printing paper. This project is perfect for any inexperienced cake baker and decorator, as the only skill required is using a pair of scissors to cut out circles.
For this project you will need:
* Cartridge/card stock paper in your colour choices
* 2 1/2-inch circular stickers, available at
Copy Cat. Here they will format your image to fit
* 4-inch wooden skewers
* Decorative or regular paper scissors
You will then:
* Place circular stickers on to cartridge paper leaving at least a half-inch border all around.
* If you have a steady hand and a good eye, you can cut a perfect circle around the sticker, so you have a contrasting border around the circular sticker. You could also use a circular item like a glass or cookie cutter that is at least three inches in diameter to mark around your circular sticker.
* Once circles are cut out, centre toothpick on the back and hold in place with another circular sticker. This now makes your pick double-sided.
* Stick in cupcakes and you're done.
If you're not a baker, you can buy delicious iced cupcakes from your favourite bakery and top them as you like.
I made matching cupcake sleeves to finish them off... but that's for another project.
Have fun with this one, and party hearty!