Bursting into Spring
Do it Yourself
We love all the bold and beautiful colours that come with spring. The home is not to be left because there are so many bright and beautiful accents and paints that are available to add bold and exciting colours to your home.
Pantone colours of the years are:
* Tangerine tango (orange)
* Solar Power (yellow)
* Bellflower (purple)
* Soladite Blue
* Cockatoo (green)
Paints, wallpaper, accessories and fabrics are available to you to embellish your home with these exciting colours. Here are some examples:
1. A beautiful range of paint colours, the Pantone colours of the year included.
2. Suggestions of wall coverings, furniture and accessories in the colours of the year.
3. Cockatoo is a soft and subtle green. It is a quiet and calming colour that would be great in a living or dining room, a space where you spend a great deal of time, so the colour needs to be soothing.
4. Yellow is always in, and therefore works well in traditional designs. If you like traditional designs, then solar power is a great option.
5. A combination of a few colours of the year make for a fun, eclectic design.
As I always say, if you like to change colours and the look of your home, then keep the major design neutral and bring colours in with accents. Consider using one of each colour of the year, or a combination of two in a different room in your home, rotating them throughout the year for different looks and to get the most out of them.
Whatever you choose, just have fun with the design, and remember, your home is your sanctuary; it should be comfortable and fun and inviting, and should please you and your family.