Lifestyle

Baby #2 on the way

People Post

Monday, February 04, 2013    

Print this page Email A Friend!


PENELOPE Cruz is rumoured to be pregnant with her second child.

The 38-year-old actress and her husband Javier Bardem, 43, already have a son Leonardo, two.

It would mean yet more joy for the Cruz family — just last month Penelope's sister Monica, 35, announced she is expecting a baby via an anonymous sperm donor. Penelope gave birth to the couple's first child in January 2011, six months after the pair married in a low-key ceremony in the Caribbean with only a few relatives present. The pair started a romance in 2007 after starring together in the Woody Allen movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

Penelope’s sibling Monica, an Agent Provocateur model who is single, will likely give birth just a few months ahead of her.

She revealed her baby news in a blog for Spanish newspaper El Pais, writing: 'I'm going to be a mother! I have managed to fulfil the dream of a lifetime.

— Daily Mail

Fighting fit!

There were some who were worried Michael J Fox may be taking on too much by starring in his own series. But the Back To The Future star looked fighting fit as he hammed it up on the set of his latest sitcom in New York last Friday.

The 51-year-old looked ready to rumble when he struck the boxing pose as he took part in another day of shooting for his new NBC comedy show. He looked in great shape in a bubble jacket, jeans and brown boots, and seemed to be having a great time entertaining the cast and crew. Michael's show was signed up for a full series by network NBC after it won a hotly contested bidding war, a highly unusual move in the modern world of television. While he's been an almost constant presence on our screens in shows such as Boston Legal, The Good Wife and even Curb Your Enthusiasm, he has always been playing a supporting role.

So many are eager to see just how the actor, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1991, will cope with stepping front and centre once more.

— Daily Mail

Porn star Ron Jeremy remains heavily sedated

The family of legendary porn star Ron Jeremy says the lothario remains heavily sedated as doctors wait to see whether his condition improves or takes a turn for the worse.

“Right now everything is in a holding pattern,” Jeremy's father, Arnold Hyatt, told reporters. “He's heavily sedated and intubated. Doctors are waiting to see what develops. They anticipate it will be two or three days before they take him off the respirator.”

This comes as it is claimed that Jeremy is facing a two-week stay in hospital as he battles to recover from the heart aneurysm that nearly killed him. Having driven himself to hospital despite suffering crippling chest pains last Tuesday, the popular culture icon has undergone two surgeries as doctors battle to stabilise him. “It was an eight-hour procedure to begin with, and then there was some bleeding around his valves, so they had to go in for a second time to stop the bleeding,” Hyatt told the New York Daily News. Jeremy was scoffing down honey glazed donuts at a rehearsal for a show based on legendary porn film Deep Throat the day before he was admitted to hospital with a life-threatening heart aneurysm.

— Daily Mail

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Poll

Have you seen an improvement in the Government’s handling of the chik-V outbreak?
Yes
No


View Results »


ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon
ADVERTISEMENT