‘Splash of Glitter’ — Your Glam Carnival Make-up Look
This ‘Splash of Glitter’ Carnival look is not hard to achieve. What stands out the most about it are the glitter eyebrows. They set the stage for the rest of the look, including the splash of colourful glitter interspersed with rhinestones — a Carnival make-up staple. Let’s get into how to Get The Look.
1. Cleanse face with make-up remover facial wipes (eg Neutrogena facial make-up remover wipes).
2. Apply a non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores) moisturiser (e.g. Cetaphil Facial Moisturiser), a facial primer (eg Maybelline Baby Skin Primer) and then a full coverage foundation (MAC liquid foundation)
3. Glitter Eyebrows: Using a spooly (make-up brush) brush eyebrow hairs into place following their natural shape. Using a glitter sealant or any cosmetic glitter glue, apply the adhesive directly to the eyebrows covering them fully. With a separate small make-up brush pick up cosmetic glitter and apply to brows. As seen on the model, gold glitter was used first and then a lime green glitter was used past the arch of the eyebrows to the entire tail of brows. This gave the brows an ombre effect — inspired by the popular ombre looks currently seen in dyed hairstyles. Let dry for a few minutes.
4. Face- The Glitter: This look is great because it’s supposed to be a little messy; in other words, you do not need to worry about any precise application. Starting under the eyes, use cosmetic glitter glue as the adhesive and in two sections under each eye, brush some glue at the base of the eyes. Now working with the glue going further down the face use less and less of it so that the shape goes from wide to slim. Using a make-up brush, add any colour glitter over the areas with glue. We used two different glitter colours to create each line of ‘splash’. Do the same above the eyebrows in an upward motion on the forehead.
5. Face — The rhinestones: Carnival make-up looks almost seem incomplete without rhinestones. As seen on Charlotte the model, lines of red and green rhinestones are interspersed between the glitter below the eyes. Amber and red rhinestones form a ‘C’ shape on each side of the face. Amber rhinestones were also placed along the sides of the nose. Lime green rhinestones were placed under the brow bone and two clear stones at the inner corner of the eyes. Adhere rhinestones using Spirit Gum (eg Graftobian Spirit Gum or Ben Nye Spirit Gum), a prosthetic adhesive and also the most secure adhesive to keep these stones on all day. Spirit gum is both waterproof and sweatproof.
6. Highlighter: For that Carnival glow highlighter was added down the middle of the nose, the cupid’s bow and dabbed on the centre of the upper and lower lips (eg Nars Albatross.)
7. Finish this look with a light spritz of setting spray (eg Make Up For Ever setting spray or MAC Fix Plus Prep & Prime Setting Spray).