Four people electrocuted after pole falls in Haitian market

Latest News

Four people electrocuted after pole falls in Haitian market

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Print this page Email A Friend!

PORT AU PRINCE, Haiti (CMC) — Four people were electrocuted after a high voltage cable fell on vendors at the Tabarre public market on the outskirts of the capital.

Director of Communication at the Town Hall of Tabarre, Milka Jean-Baptiste, said three of the people died instantly, while the fourth died at hospital on Tuesday.

He gave no details of the incident that led to the electrocution of the four people.

In 2012, fire destroyed the market with the government indicating then that it would take “all necessary steps” to prosecute those responsible for the blaze.

Now you can read the Jamaica Observer ePaper anytime, anywhere. The Jamaica Observer ePaper is available to you at home or at work, and is the same edition as the printed copy available at




1. We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper � email addresses will not be published.

2. Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.

3. We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.

4. Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.

5. Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed:

6. If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email:

7. Lastly, read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy

comments powered by Disqus



Today's Cartoon

Click image to view full size editorial cartoon