Chemical leak shut down Papine plaza
KINGSTON, Jamaica — A reported chemical leak has forced the shut down of activities at the Sky Line Plaza in Papine.
Police report that one woman was, this morning, rushed to hospital after she reportedly inhaled fumes at the location.
According to the police at about 8:15 am they received reports about the leak and visited the location.
The National Environmental and Planning Agency (NEPA), the National Water Commission and the Fire Department were also alerted.
"One woman who fell ill after inhaling fumes has been brought to the University Hospital," the police said.
NEPA officials said investigations, which are still ongoing, have revealed that the chemical causing the problem was chlorine.
Police are questioning owners at a chemical company on the complex about the incident.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserver
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver